If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner try this healthy twist on a classic Spag Bol.
- 6 sprays of spray oil e.g. Fry light/rapeseed oil/olive oil
- 500g turkey mince (or lean 5% fat steak mince)
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 500g carton of passata
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 tsp dried oregano, 1tsp basil, salt and pepper, (or 2 tsp of mixed Italian herbs)
- 1/2 pack sliced mushrooms
- 2 courgettes spiralized (or 1 pack of shop bought courgetti per portion)
- 2 tbsp. dried Parmesan cheese for serving
1. Heat the spray oil in a hot pan and fry the onion for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the mince to the same pan, cook until browned and then add the chopped tomatoes, passata, garlic, herbs and mushrooms and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until bubbling and cooked through.
3. Microwave the courgetti for 2-3 minutes and drain any excess liquid with kitchen towel.
4. Serve up the courgetti, topped with the Bolognese and a some of the parmesan cheese.
Serves 2 as above or adjust the quantities above to suit your own macros.
Ready in 25 minutes.
Experiment adding some Marmite or Worcester sauce to enhance the flavour and adding extra veg like carrot or celery to up the portion size without the calories.
Nutrition per portion:
- 493 kcal
- Protein 74.4g
- Carbs 31g
- Fat 6.5g
Apply now for our next 28 Day program and begin 2018 with the kickstart you need: Hit the Free trial button below