The goblet squat is a great exercise that can be used in a variety of workouts.
To get the most out of this exercise apply it in high rep range. ie 12 + Reps
Some extra tips for perfecting the goblet squat
- Keep the feet flat
- Puff up the chest
- Brace the arms in against the body
- Keep the upper back tight
- Stare straight ahead
- Sit down between the legs
- Push the knees and floor apart
Easy movements are great movements because they can be executed well without much practice, and this variation is accessible to almost everyone.
This exercise can also be done at home using a food/ furniture object for example using a big milk bottle or heavy ornament.
Benefits of the Goblet Squat
- Easy to learn
- Little equipment needed
- Strong core, quad, and back activation
- Teaches resistance against forward collapse
- Back tightness is easier to feel
Join us for a FREE Trial ! What have you got to lose ?