Learn how to do one of the best full body movements !
How to do the Dumbbell Thruster:
- Step 1: Hold the dumbells just above your shoulders with palms facing each other. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step 2: Next, lower body down into a squat by bending knees and lowering hips down until hips are at least parallel to the floor (or as low as possible)
- Step 3: Next, push yourself back up to starting position, while simultaneously pushing dumbbells straight up above head and thrusting your hips forward. Arms and legs should be straight at ending position. This completes one rep.
TARGETS FULL BODY
All the major leg muscles work very hard in the squatting part of a thruster.
- Lower-back muscles
The force developed by your legs is then transmitted into your upper body via your abdominal and lower-back muscles.
- Upper back
These upper body muscle groups provide a powerful push to drive the weight overhead.
When to do thrusters …
- You could use thrusters a single exercise: 4sets of 10 reps
- You could use Thrusters as part of a Super/Triple (2-3 exercises): 4 sets of 10 Thrusters – 10 sit ups
- Finisher : 60 seconds on 60 seconds rest: As many Reps as you can in 60 seconds followed by a minute rest , 4-8 rounds
Heavy thruster for strength
Light thrusters for conditioning
Try it out!
Try a free Trial Session ! What have you got to lose?