Cooking Time 30 Mins
A protein packed bowl of healthy comfort food.
- 6 sprays of spray oil e.g. Fry light/rapeseed oil/olive oil
- 200g low fat/lighter halloumi
- 225g chicken fillets cubed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 400g tin of green lentils cooked and drained
- 160g bag of chopped kale
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- Slice the haloumi and dry fry in a hot pan for a few minutes on each side until seared. Then cover and set aside on a plate.
- Using the same pan add the cubed chicken with 3-4 sprays of oil and fry for around 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Cook your lentils in a pan of hot water/according to the pack while the chicken is cooking.
- Once your chicken is cooked add the onion and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, spices, Worcester sauce, drained lentils and kale and simmer for 5 minutes until hot.
- Serve up in a bowl topped with the halloumi.
Serves 2 as above or adjust the quantities above to suit your macros.
Tips: The lentils really up the protein content – use tinned or microwave lentils save time. You can also use up any left over veg – carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, spinach etc.
Nutrition per portion:
To Start Your Journey Apply For Our 28 Day Challenge Below