If you’re using the same Tired Old Routine for your arm training then this is a must read blog…
Use these 7 Tips To RAPIDLY Increase the size of your arms
1 – MIX IT UP (Sets & Reps)
Use a range In the same workout
This will stimulate all muscle fibre types resulting you in covering all bases for maximum growth
– Start Heavy before you go looking for a ‘PUMP’
– Heavy Weight Low Rep Work, 3-6 Reps
– The ‘GO TO’ Moderate 8-12 Reps
– Lower Weight Higher Rep Work, 12-20 Reps
2 – USE A VARIETY OF EXERCISES
This will ensure you hit the different heads of the biceps, triceps and forearm musculature – creating a ‘balanced’ look to the arms
– Barbells (Flat / EZ)
– Dumbbells (Fat Grip / Standard)
– Cables (Flat Bar, EZ, Rope, Single Arm)
3 – GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE
Arms respond well to higher intensity methods, which allow for ‘EXTRA REPS’ beyond the point at which you would like to stop the set
– Don’t Just Settle for Getting the Reps in
– Don’t just go through the motions, be prepared to focus and go through some pain
– Drops Sets, Cheat Reps, Isometric Holds etc all work very well on arms
4 – DON’T RELY ON ISOLATION EXERCISES
– Make sure your programming includes big compound lifts
– Bench Presses, Deadlift, Pull Ups etc all contribute to BIG ARMS!
Big compound exercises use the arms. If you can deadlift 200kg think how hard not only the main muscle groups are working, but also how hard the forearms (grip) and biceps are working to support the movement
5 – MINDSET
You need to Connect with the working muscle… don’t JUST move a weight from A-B think about squeezing the target muscle at the top of the movement, then lowering with control
For example with a bicep curl actively ‘think’ about squeezing and contracting the bicep HARD!
All this takes a STRONG mind as well as a strong body
6 – NUTRITION
If you are stimulating the arms with the correct training and you don’t consume the correct nutrients, with the correct quantities at the correct timings – forget muscle growth!
– Consume enough protein daily (roughly 2g/kg)
– Consume protein a regular intervals (every 2-4 hours)
– Keep Hydrated (roughly 35ml/kg)
– Add Some Carbohydrates Pre and Post Workout
7 – TRY THIS ARM ROUTINE 1-2 TIMES A WEEK
Cos you need to do more than READ a blog post for big GUNZ!!!
** See The Video Below For Exercise Technique **
A1 – Barbell Curl 5 sets x 6-8 reps
A2 – Close Grip Barbell Bench Press 5 sets x 6-8 reps
B1 – Alternating Dumbbell Curl (with rotation or ‘Screw Curl’) 4 sets x 8-12 reps
B2 – Parallel Bar / Bench Dips 4 sets x 8-12 reps
C1 – EZ Barbell 21s 3 sets x 21 reps (7 bottom half, 7 top half, 7 full range)
*can add 5 second isometric hold between 7s ** Go to failure on third set
C2 – EZ Skull Crusher into EZ Close Grip Press 3 sets x 20reps (10 Skulls into 10 Presses)
*Go to failure on final set of presses.
Click below for your FREE bundle…
I specialise in taking busy guys from being out of shape to being in very good shape. Founder Director of RM Fitness and have been a professional coach for 14 years.